How to keep fit and healthy in quarantine?

Staying fit and healthy in quarantine

With the corona crisis affecting almost every part of the world, staying fit and healthy has perhaps never been more important than it is today. We are finally starting to realize that taking care of their bodies only occasionally is not enough. We need to work on our health regularly, and there is no reason why we can’t do that at home. 

Even though lots of modern women lead busy lives, having a balanced diet, exercising, and taking care of our mental health are key to leading a happy and healthy life.

Here are a few tips on how to stay healthy during quarantine even when all you want to do is slouch around the house with some wine and a box of chocolates. 


Working out at home can be tricky, especially if you are used to smashing out long sessions at the gym. Therefore, write down a few reasons for what being healthy and fit means to you and how you can achieve that at home. Does working out make you more energized? Does it make you feel better about your body? Does the post-exercise endorphin rush help you feel happier? Whatever your WHY is, write it down and it will help you feel more motivated to stay fit at home. 


best leggings for women workout set

There is nothing more motivating than treating yourself to a new workout set. It is easy to do online shopping for women s work out clothes.

Many brands offer you a variety of workout clothes for women, high-quality, comfortable, and fashionable fitness apparel. From high waisted workout leggings to tops to wear on leggings and related objects.

Keeps creating the best leggings for women, and a unique workout outfit creation is so much fun, it may also help spark your motivation to workout. 


Preparing healthy meals in advance can save you a lot of time and money. Create a grocery list containing 80% healthy foods and fill out the remaining 20% with treats. That way you will be forced to eat a balanced diet even while you’re stuck at home.


get your workout inspiration

There are so many great home workouts and healthy recipes online right now that it will be very easy for you to find something you want to try. Normal choice are Squats; Reverse Lunges; Kneeling pushups; One-arm rows; Bicep curls; Tricep dips; and Plank.

From Youtube to Pinterest, all you need to do is see how other people are managing to stay healthy during the lockdown and it will for sure motivate you to do the same. Furthermore, you could try out new forms of exercise or cook recipes you’ve never thought of before.

For example, if you are a weightlifter you could try running or dancing. If you usually get a store-bought protein bar, try making your own at home!


make your ftiness plan

Set out a time when taking care of your health is a priority. Whether it be one day a week to meal prep healthy, nutritious food, or an hour every morning to do a quick workout and meditate – have it all planned out! That way you can hold yourself accountable and stay consistent.


Wanting to stay fit and healthy during lockdown is admirable. However, don’t forget to be kind to yourself, take rest days, and recognize that not feeling energized or motivated is completely alright at this time.

If you choose to have a few treat meals, or skip out on a few workouts – that is fine! You could instead have fun picking out what to wear with leggings for your next workout. 

A daily workout you can start today now!  Never too late or too old to start building fit habits for life.

Leave a Reply